What should be the focus of our company in the next five years?
The Pichler family has been processing iron and steel for generations and can look back on a long tradition of craftsmanship. Today, Pichler Projects oversees architectural projects that use steel structures or facades. It has worked with local and international architects, including Zaha Hadid Architects, Massimiliano Fuksas, David Chipperfield Architects and Foster + Partners. The company’s core competence is delivering technologically and architecturally convincing building solutions with high precision and high speed.
- Support management to develop the corporate strategy for the next five years
- Clarify the future brand identify
- Agree measures to successfully implement the corporate strategy
Image: Pichler Projects
Strategy development, brand
Management workshop, customer and employee survey, expert interviews
„Revising a brand is part of the supreme discipline of marketing. IMARK supported us professionally and competently.“
– Markus Walder, Head of Marketing, Pichler Projects –
- Discussions with customers and employees of Pichler Projects as well as experts in the construction industry
- Micro and macro analysis as well as competitor analysis
- Clarify key aspects of the strategy during management workshops
- Communication of results to the company
Image: Pichler Projects
Clarification of the following strategic decisions:
Clarification of future areas of activity
Company values and rules of behaviour
Goals (markets, reputation, organization, finance)
Brand meaning and touchpoints
After agreeing a new corporate strategy, a series of implementation projects were started to bring the strategy to life. These projects included predicting project lead success, the attractiveness of the company as an employer brand, and building of a new brand identify.
In all project steps, great importance was attached to ensuring the quality of decisions through intensive collection and preparation of market information, discussing and evaluating alternatives to ensure that the decisions made were supported by all those affected.
Results and Learnings
- Clarity regarding the company’s future focus (technologies, markets, investments) and growth ambitions
- Communication of the results to all employees to ensure support
- Development of new brand appearance including change of name (old: Stahlbau Pichler; new: Pichler Projects) and claims to clearly signal the broader focus (beyond steel)
IMARK’s support entailed that Pichler Projects immediately started a series of cross-departmental implementation projects with many employees so that the goals and values mentioned in the paper could be felt immediately.
„IMARK has helped us to answer our questions competently and in partnership with the company. We have a common picture of where we want to go – and this picture helps us in many of our decisions.“
– Walter Pichler –